Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

portal blocking faild @ bloodgulch

The simple mod that meany asked for a long time when playing at fungulch..

Description:

* simple and a valuable change for the players who doesn't like when portals get blocked at bloodgulch.
* only works in bloodgulch map.

areas.txt
Code:
bloodgulch:brpin:Sphere:95.55 -155.45 1.80:0.20
bloodgulch:bbpin:Sphere:40.16 -83.18 1.80:0.20

event.txt
Code:
event_aenter $map:bloodgulch $area:brpin 'say * "   portal blocking failed :P ";t $n 82.82 -114.52 4'
event_aenter $map:bloodgulch $area:bbpin 'say * "   portal blocking failed :P ";t $n 43.80 -126.34 4'

Installation:
* copy the contents to the areas.txt and event.txt

Perhaps you could get the teleporter locations from the map with a Lua script to make it work on every map.
„You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make him think.”

yeah Smile, but not me. someone actually knows about lua can try to make one..
and it would be a grate script that everyone must have.

Here, try using this.

http://xhalo.tk/forum/thread-200.html

I'll write one, too. This one should work on any map without setting up areas.

http://halo.isimaginary.com/forum/thread-201.html

if blues portal is blocked the new teleport cords are to high, if blocked by a ghost or hog the player falls and dies because 4 units is to high, 2.25 units seems to work well for me. its a good idea having an area that can only be accessed if the portal is blocked, this seems to work better then 002's script... that "eventually moves vehicles"

This works well, since 002's script currently isn't working.
Only thing I don't like is the text spam when a lot of players go trough the blocked teleportal, maybe it's possible to reduce it instead of completely removing the server message?

I'd like to get it working on Death Island as well. Perhaps someone has a working code they can share for Death Island?

(2016. Aug. 01., 22:06)dankmeme Wrote: maybe it's possible to reduce it instead of completely removing the server message?

yes its possible, you can use a 'variable' in sapp.
ill add a suggestion, i haven't tested it, you can try it.

sapp init
Code:
ver_add stopmsg 1

events
Code:
event_aenter $map:bloodgulch $area:brpin $stopmsg=0 'wait 100;say * "   portal blocking failed :P ";t $n 82.82 -114.52 4;var_set stopmsg 1;w8 10;var_set stopmsg 0'
event_aenter $map:bloodgulch $area:bbpin $stopmsg=0 'wait 100;say * "   portal blocking failed :P ";t $n 43.80 -126.34 4;var_set stopmsg 1;w8 10;var_set stopmsg 0'
so there should be a 10 second pause between msgs. adjust 'w8 10' to your desired time. eg;  if u want a 20 second pause, 'w8 20'.