Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Poll: Do you like the name of the new client, "RefleX"?
Yes
No
I think it's retarded
[Show Results]

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

RefleX: The ultimate client side app for Halo

Are you interested in adding support for no-lead and shared keys (maybe UPnP??) in client self-hosted games?

I know the counter argument to this is that dedicated servers are better in every way so why bother however I think it's important for how new players got into this game.

A few people I know started playing by having someone host a game using the old patched 1.00 version of CE and having a group of friends join, not knowing or caring yet how to set up a proper server. That all stopped after the 1.0.10 update as people with invalid keys could no longer join self hosted games. New players with valid keys are very rare these days so bringing it back could be useful.

(2016. Aug. 06., 15:32)Vaporeon Wrote: That all stopped after the 1.0.10 update as people with invalid keys could no longer join self hosted games.

This isn't anything new with 1.10. It's always been the case, at least with my experiences with 1.09 and 1.08. You are, however, allowed to join servers hosted using the LAN option instead of INTERNET option. The sole drawback to this is it won't be listed on the lobby, as the server will not communicate with it (which is why anyone can join them as long as their hash is at least unique in that server).

(2016. Aug. 06., 23:56)002 Wrote: This isn't anything new with 1.10. It's always been the case, at least with my experiences with 1.09 and 1.08. You are, however, allowed to join servers hosted using the LAN option instead of INTERNET option. The sole drawback to this is it won't be listed on the lobby, as the server will not communicate with it (which is why anyone can join them as long as their hash is at least unique in that server).

I know, however before the server list update they continued to use a cracked 1.00 exe that allowed it anyway (which was super annoying btw because you had to spoof your version to join them if you had a legit updated copy). I think having it work outside the LAN and being joinable on the internet is/was important.

could be possible to add something like this?

and the option to change from 1rst and 3rd view? (some servers coul make minigames with this I guess)