Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

.::Stop Announcing Server-Applied Mutings

Since muting people only lasts until the server is reset, I've used events to have the server mute one or two guests, upon entry (decent players, with a chip on their shoulders).

The problem is, this is announced at the start of every game, despite my numerous efforts to utilize the "stfu" command, combined with "wait/w8," to stop this.

I thought it might be an idea to have server-issued commands like this not be announced—at least not more than once, though not at all would be fine by me.

Regards.

You can't make a player use stfu or unstfu, as that eliminates the point of both commands.

Using a Lua script can block chat messages without notifying anyone (EVENT_CHAT callback - return false to block a chat message).

(2017. Jan. 09., 18:07)002 Wrote: You can't make a player use stfu or unstfu, as that eliminates the point of both commands.

Using a Lua script can block chat messages without notifying anyone (EVENT_CHAT callback - return false to block a chat message).

Thanks for your reply, and apologies for my own belated response.

Right, well… I can't say I would know how to apply something like that, in addressing my aforementioned circumstances.

Again, my events script mutes a select few players, whenever their CD hash is found to have joined the game, but I'd like for the message which states the server has muted them not to be sent (does this at the start of every map).

If you or anyone, really, could help with a solution, I'd be more than grateful. Else, I posted it here as something perhaps worth exploring, for any future SAPP updates.

Regards,
Julique (-db-goNe)
Diverging from the Believable