Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Get the MetaID of a weapon or a vehicle

Here is a very simple script to tell the MetaID and the name of every weapon you pick up or vehicle you enter.

Edit: Update 2014. 10. 01.
Added also the name of the object.

Attached Files
.lua   getmetaid.lua (Size: 1.96 KB / Downloads: 140)
„You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make him think.”

(2014. Sep. 04., 15:45)sehé°° Wrote: Edit: Update 2014. 10. 01.
Tried this script in Halo CE today and it's logging weapon pickups but not vehicle enters. Possibly a bug?

(2014. Nov. 05., 00:26)PÕQ~Technut Wrote:
(2014. Sep. 04., 15:45)sehé°° Wrote: Edit: Update 2014. 10. 01.
Tried this script in Halo CE today and it's logging weapon pickups but not vehicle enters. Possibly a bug?

Found the bug in line 36, is currently:
local MetaIndex = read_dword(WeaponObj)
should be:
local MetaIndex = read_dword(VehicleObj)

Just a bad copy/paste I assume.

Heh indeed, fixed. Big Grin

is this work only for normal MetaID of weapon and vehicle ? and why for custom, MetaID is always said (Protected)

MetaID is a number, the object name is "Protected", that's why you need the MetaID to spawn the actual object, that's how many CE map are "patched" to prevent the extraction of their tags.

I did make a protection a long time ago that negates map editors like Eschaton and HMT. It seems to also negate this script, causing an exception error.

http://protonnebula.com/bloodgulch_prot.map.7z

It's extremely easy to bypass. Just use read_dword(0x40440000) to get the tag array, instead.

You deleted the tag table pointer from the map? And it didn't crash Halo? lol

Anyways, the guy is talking about HEK+'s protection.

(2014. Dec. 19., 10:39)sehé°° Wrote: You deleted the tag table pointer from the map? And it didn't crash Halo? lol

Anyways, the guy is talking about HEK+'s protection.

No, I simply changed it to point to the end of the map, where I moved the tag array. Maps do not need the tag array to be at 0x40440028; they just need to be wherever (void *)(0x40440000) points (which is usually at 0x40440028). Lots of map editors will even fail as a result of this little tweak.

anyway, i asked it because i want spawn a custom vehicle, so it's not only normal vehicle that can be spawn, and my sv is not always play on normal maps

Yes, there is a script for exactly this reason, also I think it's in the documentation somewhere too.